- ½ medium / large pumpkin cut into 6 cm pieces
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 6 cm chunks
- 1 large Potato, peeled and cut into 6 cm pieces
- 1 large carrot, peeled and cut into 6cm pieces
- 1 brown onion, whole, roots removed
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 4 c ups stock or water
- Salt & pepper
- ¼ bunch thyme, keep 3 sprigs aside to garnish, tie the rest together with cooking string
- ½ c cream
- A handful pepitas, to garnish
Place all ingredients in a stockpot with a big pinch of salt and pepper and pour in enough stock or water to almost cover the veggies.
Pop on a lid and bring to boil, turn heat to low and simmer until vegies are soft.
Discard the onion and herbs and blend with a stick blender or in a blender.
Season to taste, divide between bowls, swirl in some cream and garnish with thyme leaves and pepitas.